This event has ended.
To ensure the accountability of government spending for higher education, showing educational outcomes to the public is a common challenge,
and in recent years, large-scale surveys of students/alumni are being conducted in countries around the world. In this symposium,
we invite guest speakers from the U.K., U.S. and South Korea who have been involved in such projects.
We anticipate in-depth discussion about policy outcomes and challenges in implementation based on the experiences of each country.
- Date and Time
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017 13:30-18:00
- 3F Auditorium, Ministry of Education Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
- Organized by
- National Institute for Educational Policy Research
- Seating capacity
- 400 people
- *Simultaneous translation will be provided in Japanese and English
- *There is no attendance fee for joining this event
13:30 Greeting from the Director General, NIER
Ms. Ikuko Arimatsu
Senior Researcher, Department for Higher Education Research, NIER
- 14:10 ”Examining the Relationship between Educational Attainment and Career Pathways for U.S. College Graduates”
Emilda B. Rivers
Deputy Director, National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics,
National Science Foundation
- 14:40 ”Graduate Outcomes: Tracking the Pathways of Graduates from UK Universities”
Data Policy and Governance Manager, Higher Education Statistics Agency
- 15:20 ”Using Education and Labor Market Data to Improve College Student Success”
Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training
- 15:50 ”The Quality Assurance of University Education focusing on Occupational Outcomes: The need to accumulate data for empirical research”
Professor, Graduate School of Education, University of Tokyo
Director of Department for Higher Education Research, NIER
Emilda B. Rivers, Rachel Hewitt, Huijung Chu, Yuki Honda, Yoshitaka Hamanaka
- ※We have stopped accepting applications.
Please register online at URL